Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Welcoming Send a Smile 4 Kids (Canada)!!

We are thrilled today to welcome our Canadian partner SEND A SMILE 4 KIDS (CANADA) to our cause!  SAS4Kids is joining up with Cards for Kids and together we are going to help cheer even more children who are inpatient in Children’s Hospitals!

I found out about Cards for Kids when I asked Feline Playful (the best challenge blog list ever!!) to list SAS4Kids in their RAK section. I noticed how similar it was to SAS4Kids and emailed Shelley Dureau about that. We want to cheer as many kids as possible, so when the time was right, I asked if she wanted to team up. Here is what Shelley has to say about that:

“As a crafter, I am frequently inspired by the projects I see out in blogland and I must admit to being an avid scrap-lifter of ideas and designs. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada) started because of someone else’s idea. When I first saw SAS4Kids, my initial thought was "what a great idea, I'll send some of my cards". My next thought was "Why spend money on postage to the U.S. when there's a Children's Hospital right here in Vancouver that would appreciate cards". I suggested setting up a Canadian branch of SAS4Kids but the timing wasn’t right; so a quick email to B.C. Children's Hospital and a follow-up telephone conversation and Cards for Kids was born. I kept in touch with SAS4Kids though in hopes that one day we could partner together. And, yay, that day has arrived! Effective today, Cards for Kids has officially become Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada)!!! I’m so excited to be part of this wonderful charity and look forward to sending a lot smiles to kids in the U.S. and Canada!”

Now when you get a package of cards ready to send in, you have two addresses to choose from. If you are from Canada or overseas, or anywhere, you can send to my Wisconsin address OR our Canadian partner, Send a Smile 4 Kids (Canada) at:

SAS4Kids (Canada) c/o Shelley Dureau
2525 Cable Court
Coquitlam, BC
V3H 3G1
Canada

You can email Shelley at: cardsforkidscanada@yahoo.ca   and her blog is here: http://sendasmile4kidscanada.blogspot.com/

We have their blog badge on the side of this page and on the challenge page that you can click on anytime to visit Send a Smile 4 Kids (Canada).  Please take a look at the great job Shelley did re-branding her blog to match ours and leave a welcoming comment for her when you are there.

Welcome Canadian friends and thanks to all who help to put smiles on our kids faces!

Stamping smiles 4 Kids, Karen 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the incredible welcome, Karen! I'm so excited to be part of Send A Smile 4 Kids! Working together, we are going to put smiles on the faces of even more children!!!
    Smiles, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I am interested in doing a similar thing for India. I stay in Visakhapatnam,Andhra Pradesh,India.

    -Swathi
    http://swathicrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a comment! We had to add Comment Moderation and Word Verification because of spammers. Thanks for your understanding.