Monday, July 9, 2018

Announcing Two More Volunteers and Hospitals SAS4Kids is Now Serving!

We are thrilled to announce that Send a Smile 4 Kids continues to grow and we are now serving two more children's hospitals and announcing two new volunteers. On the side of the blog you will now see Jen Reece's and Dena Hughes' beautiful faces and the hospitals they will be serving. I am happy to introduce you to both of them!

Dena Hughes lives in Tacoma Washington and shared this intro bio with us: 

I am a retired high school social studies teacher, and still substitute a bit. I have three grown sons: one teaches/lives in Japan, two others close by. There are four delightful grandchildren, from 6 months to 12 years old, to keep me smiling.  I am a member of P.E.O. and two book clubs. A dear friend introduced me to stamping 21 years ago, and I've been at it ever since! The vegetable garden, reading, cooking, camping, and traveling the world are my other passions. My blog can be found at www.denajhughes.blogspot.com 

She will be bringing the cards you send to her to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, WA and her address is:

SAS4Kids C/O Dena Hughes


Dena is ready to receive your cards now and will need all kinds of cards appropriate for children (watch the side of the blog for updates from all volunteers on current needs.)

We are also welcoming Jen Reece as a new volunteer serving Connecticut Children's Hospital in Hartford, CT, but please hold off sending cards to Jen until after August 13th. Here is the intro bio Jen shared with us:

Graphic designer by day, crafter by night! I have been doing arts and crafts as long as I can remember, starting with mud sculptures(!) and progressing to embroidery, cross stitch and crewel work; handicrafts and leather; scrapbooking, origami and other paper crafts; pottery/porcelain throwing; and glass blowing! I am hoping to build a stained glass studio in my basement next year. I want to learn to knit as well as crochet--someday. In my spare time, I volunteer at the local animal shelter walking dogs and socializing cats. I am married to my college sweetie and “mom” to a 3-year old Newfoundland named Kira. I have been volunteering with SAS4K for a few years and am really looking forward to spreading smiles and joy to “my own” hospital in CT.

Jen's address after August 13th is:

SAS4Kids C/O Jen Reece

We are happy to say we can now put smiles on more children's faces with your continued support and handmade cards!

Stamping smiles 4 Kids, Karen 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment! We had to add Comment Moderation and Word Verification because of spammers. Thanks for your understanding.