Friday, September 9, 2022

 Hello and happy fall!

I recently received an email from a hospital contact, thanking me for sending cards to the patients. She mentioned how happy the cards made the recipients—a little unexpected gift on an otherwise average day in the hospital. The patients were smiling and showing their cards to one other, admiring all the different styles and images on them. This is the reason we do what we do! 

Having recently spent a couple of days as a patient, I was struck by how many people were there to help me. I met more than 30 people who were responsible for some part of my care. I can only imagine how overwhelming that must be for a child. I learned that any little kindness from home or the hospital staff made my dat a little easier. I am now more determined to continue sending cards and to expand our efforts to reach more children. 

So, if you work for a hospital or know of a children's hospital or pediatric department who might benefit from receiving our cards, please email me their contact information. (sas4kidsjen at gmail.com) Perhaps it's a hospital near you, or one who helped you as a child. We would love to spread cheer to as many patients as we can using the amazing hand-made cards we receive. 

Coming up on the challenge side, our winners of the August contest will be announced soon! September's challenge is "cute fall or Halloween cards 4 kids," and runs through the end of the month. Check out the great examples for the SAS4Kids Design Team by clicking on the Challenge Tab! Consider uploading your own card or leaving some love for those who have uploaded theirs. Our challenge is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. We hope to see you all there!

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment! We had to add Comment Moderation and Word Verification because of spammers. Thanks for your understanding.